Kindle is one of the most selling products of Amazon. The demand for Kindle is increasing day by day because of its features. People who love reading books online show much interest in the Kindle. As it is a device, sometimes problems also occur in that which we have listed below. We have illustrated some Kindle Ebook problems with troubleshooting tips to fix that.
Ebooks Disappearing Or Not Working / Lost All Ebooks
The Ebooks disappearing or not working problem is one of the most common problems that every Kindle user faced.
How To Fix It:
- Go to the Amazon website and click on the Manage my Kindle in the top navigation bar of the Kindle section.
- Now scroll down the page to see a list of downloaded books for your kindle.
- To re-download a book, just click on the tick box nest on it to open a drop-down menu.
- From here, you can resend the books and your Kindle will download the book again.
Also Read: How To Cancel Amazon Prime Membership.
Kindle Fire Got Stuck Or Hanged
The problem of Kindle fire got hanged or stuck is a very common problem and can be easily fixed by troubleshooting the basic steps.
How To Fix It
- Initially, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release.
- After the device has completely turned off, again press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire.
- If your Kindle fire still not works, then try charging your Kindle Fire before resetting again.
Apps Won’t Load On Kindle Fire
This issue has seen many times with Kindle Fire. If you have a problem with a specific app on your Kindle Fire tablet — perhaps it won’t load, or it keeps crashing or freezing then what to do in that case.
How to Fix It
- Initially go to the Settings tab, then click on the App & Games.
- After clicking on the App & Games a drop-down menu list will open.
- Now find the Manage All applications and click on that.
- Then, tap Force stop and Clear cache.
- If this trick doesn’t work, then reinstalling the app via the settings tab.
- Restart your device by holding down the Power button for 40 seconds, and then reinstall the app.
Kindle Cannot Connect To Wi-Fi
How To Fix It
- Restart Your Device. Press and hold the power button for at least 40 seconds or until the device starts automatically. If your devices do not start to automatically, then turn it on by press the power button.
- Restart your Wifi connection. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wireless and then tap WI-Fi.
- Check your password. Will you enter the right password or not?
- Move closer to your router.
- From your device, see weather your network appears or not in the list. If not, then scan from the WI-Fi menu. If you still don’t find your preferred network, then add manually and again try to reconnect.
- Check that your wireless router is set to use a Wi-Fi channel from 1 to 11.
- Restart your router and modem manually and wait for 30 seconds until it starts comes in working position. After that try to reconnect your device.
Getting Charged Of Kindle Unlimited Subscription / Got Charged $9.99 For Kindle Subscription
With Amazon $ 9.99-month subscription package you can read more than 600000 ebooks and thousands of audible Audiobooks for just at a price of $9.99. But in case you want to cancel your subscription and you forget about that and get charged for that, then call us on our helpline number for solution:
Amazon Silk Browser Issue
The Amazon Silk Browser is a browser which was developed by Amazon and was launched in November 2011 for Kindle Fire, Fire Phone and Fire TV. Sometimes you have an amazon silk browser issue like – does not open, get crushed while opening. So here we describe the troubleshooting steps to get rid out of this problem.
How To Fix It
- Open the Silk Browser.
- Swipe from the left-hand side and select history.
- Select history, cached images and files, cookies and site data.
- Delete all the selected file.
- And try again to open the web browser.
- If the problem still persists, restart your device and try again.
Also Read: How To Reset Facebook Password
Kindle Cannot Connect To PC
Many people face trouble while connecting their Kindle to their PC. You may see such type of messages like “devices has been stopped or not responding “while trying to move the files from your Kindle Foire to your PC. In such case tries these basic troubleshooting steps to fix the problem.
How To Fix It.
- Restart your PC and Kindle device.
- Make sure that your Kindle Fire tablet is fully charged.
- Make sure the Cable you are using is my working condition
I hope the above suggestions help you. If the problem still continues then you can call us at +1 855-856-6451 for assistance.